The Beauty of Country Music

Because I am the only one blogging at the moment, I am going to indulge myself and post the lyrics to a great country song from a great artist, John Michael Mongtomery:

Cool
by John Michael Montgomery

Album : Letters from Home,
The Very Best of John Michael Montgomery


He really liked flannel with red over-alls
if you look in his closet it was all that you saw
He dressed up on Sunday and thought he look neat
in a green leasure suit with wing tips on his feet

And I was 15 and real hip with long hair
and I asked momma why is daddy so square
and I couldn't belive all that he didn't know
I guess it's hard to be cool when your 40 years old

The night I turned 20 she came with the news
scared half to death and didn't know what to do
I told her I'm sorry but it's not to late, there's a doctor
I heard of that fixes mistakes

I though he was workin' and I was alone
but he was standing behind me when I hug up the phone
he said son there's a few thing you don't know about
if you listen real close we can figure this out
cus i was 18 and as wild as it came when one night
a young girl told me the samething and you wouldn't be here
if she haden't said no you see it's hard to be cool when you're 20 years old

These day's I like flannel and old levi jeans
and I look at my young boy who just turned 15 and I know what he's thinking but its ok to know because it's hard to be cool
when your 15 years old


To get a feel for the music, check out the sample over at amazon.

Other than -- maybe -- Christian Music, what other genre is going to tackle an issue like abortion in this way? Considering it as a moral issue (not just a legal one) with the young man making the right decision? That last part I think is significant. Calling on young men to take responsibility and act morally and with maturity when facing sexual and family issues is rare in our society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Many Children in Bethlehem Did Herod Kill?

Where did Jesus say "It is better to give than receive?"

The Bogus Gandhi Quote

A Non-Biblical Historian Accepts the Key "Minimum Facts" Supporting Jesus' Resurrection

Exodus 22:18 - Are Followers of God to Kill Witches?

Discussing Embryonic Stem Cell Research

Jewish writings and a change in the Temple at the time of the Death of Jesus

Revamping and New Articles at the CADRE Site

Asherah: Not God's Wife

A Botched Abortion Shows the Lies of Pro-Choice Proponents